Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Embossing Dies

I've tried the newest dies ~ Detailz ~ and they are so cool!!  Here is a little step by step for cutting and embossing.

First take the die and paper and cut like any other die you want to cut through your machine ~ highly recommend the Evolution ~ works like a charm ~ best die cut machine I've used:

Once cut, leave the paper in the die (here I used one of the new Doilies), then take the rubber mat and mat B (which you'd use for embossing folders) from the Genius Platform set and run through your machine again:

Now you have a cut & embossed die ~ the detail is AWESOME!!

The new rubber mat is for use with the Genius Ultimate Platform, and is perfect for adding embossed detail to your die-cut shape.

Here I used the detailed doily on a tissue box I made for my daughter:
(dies used:  Doilies and leaf)


No comments: