Thursday, August 7, 2014

Designer Challenge - Color Palette

Today we are having a MCT Designer Challenge on the My Creative Time blog.  The challenge is to use the following photo inspiration & color palette.  I love this photo, so vibrant but I kinda struggled with these colors.  I don't know why but the first card I attempted to make was a disaster and I "flew" it into the garbage.  Ever have one of those days where you just cannot get your creative juices going??  
(photo credit~Michele Hamby)

Here is my card ~ I tried to keep with the same color shades but it's super hard when you print the picture, look at it on your computer and then add it to your blog. I swear it seems like I've seen 3 shades of each color ~ lol!! 


Lovin' the new stitched banner dies!!

My Creative Time Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Pattern Paper: Echo Park Paper ~ We are Family 
Cardstock: American Crafts
Sequins, Pearls & Enamel Dot

I hope you were inspired and will play along with us, we would LOVE to see what you create for this challenge. Visit My Creative Time blog to link up your project!

For more MCT Challenge inspiration, click here.

6 comments:

Joan Smith said...

WOW your card is gorgeous.....Oh girl you so nailed the colors....and I love what you used to achieve your gorgeous card I am so impressed with what you created and love so love how you used all of Miss Emma's goodies...Lucky person who gets your card...........talk about happy your card screams....HAPPY!!

snappy scrappy said...

So pretty!

jessica said...

This is beautiful Candace! Awesome job!

quilt4fun2 said...

Your banner looks awesome in gold and black! I like the pattern paper that matches the flowers. Beautiful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

This is so gorgeous!! Hugs!!

Kim H said...

Candace ` Oh my this is simply GORGEOUS!!!