Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Cake Pouch Treat

 Hello my crafty friends!!

In need of a quick gift idea for mail carrier, UPS delivery, FedEx delivery, Teacher, etc.?  Here I'll show you how to make a cute, quick cake in a mug treat holder.  You can pop into your mailbox for a sweet surprise for your mail carrier!!

First, cut a piece of cardstock 4 1/4 x 11 and score at 3 7/8 and 8 1/4.  You can use any color as the base, I chose white to go with the Brownie mug cakes packages I got.


Fold and glue the flaps to make a pocket and then take a hole punch and punch on the top center through the 2 layers.
Next, cut a piece of pattern paper at 4 1/4 x 4 1/8 and glue to the front of your pouch. Yes you will cover the hole you made but will go back and re-punch hole.  Using the Shaker Basics #2 die, cut a piece of pattern paper using the solid square die and a piece of cardstock using the outline square die.  Glue the solid square to center of pouch on previous glued paper and then glue outline cardstock on angle over papers. From back of pouch re-punch hole.

Next, cut a piece of ribbon at 24", wrap around cake mix and place down middle of pouch.  Take each side of ribbon ends and feed through punched holes.

Tie ribbon in a bow on front of pouch. Trim off excess.

Decorate the front of your pouch however you would like.  I colored up Lorraine ~ Winter Sweater to go on front and added some Doodlebug Die Cuts.  I also added a sentiment banner using Banner Dies.  You can add little spoon/fork to pouch under ribbon bow as I did.

I hope I have inspired you to make a cute cake pouch!!

Thanks for stopping by and Happy Holidays!







No comments: