Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Try Me Tuesday

It's Try Me Tuesday over at My Creative Time.
Today we are making a card with feathers.  Since feathers seem to be a trend these days, this was fun to make!  There are many different ways to add feathers to your cards.  You can use store bought feathers, die cut feathers or even cut out your own feathers from paper ~ pretty easy to do, just make a skinny leaf shape and then using scissors, cut in the sides and snip out little pieces to create your feather.  I took the easy way out and had my machine cut them!!

First card, I cut the feathers from Kraft paper and then using my stylus, rubbed down the center of each feather to create a "stem" look.


My Creative Time Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Paper: Stampin' Up
Button, Twine and Enamel Dots
Feathers cut from Cameo

Had so much fun with the first card that I made another!!  Amazing how the feathers can change the whole look by just cutting out in pattern color paper.


My Creative Time Products Used:

Other Products Used:
Paper: Simple Stories
Doily, Sequins and Enamel Dots
Mister Huey's Color Mist
Feathers cut from Cameo

Hope this inspired you to try this technique!!
For more Try Me Tuesday inspiration, click here.

8 comments:

jessica said...

What awesome cards! I just LOVE those feathers!!!!

Joan Smith said...

WOW both of your cards just tickled me pink *LOL* You really did do a super creative job.....love how your feathers turned out!!

snappy scrappy said...

Both are fab...I think the colourful feathers are my fav!!!

Sherrie K. said...

Wow, both of your cards are awesome! love the fun feeathers!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

quilt4fun2 said...

Using a patterned paper does change the feather a lot. Both styles look so pretty. The MCT sentiments are so pretty they are a design element by themselves. Beautiful job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

LucyLu said...

They look great!!!

Stacey's Creative Corner said...

These are fantastic!! I love them both!!

Kim H said...

Candace ` GORGEOUS creations! Again the colors are so beautiful and so are your feather! Awesome job!