Thursday, January 30, 2014

Thrifty Thursday

Happy Thursday!  Today is Thrifty Thursday on My Creative Time Blog. The goal was to create a project using scraps/leftovers or a recycled item. I went for both!!  Using scraps, I made a toilet paper tube into a treat holder!  In my house the "4 square" rule doesn't apply and my husband thinks we "eat" the tissue!  Now I can show him that it's all cause I need the tubes ~ lol!!  Here are the containers I made (filled with chocolates!) which will hang nicely on my kid's door handles on Valentine's Day!


Product List:
Paper: Echo Park
My Creative Time Products: Stitched Curly Label Die
Stitched Sweetheart & XOXO Dies
100% Sweetness Stamp Set
Ribbon, Twine, Button and Clothes Pin

For more Thrifty Thursday inspiration, click here.

11 comments:

Joan Smith said...

OMG I am so laughing right now after reading your quiptful story.
OMG choking on my coffee....gulp...uggg..still laughing.
I love what you created it's so awesome talk about being thrifty.
The treat holders are so cute and fun. Great job girly, girl great job!!
whew done choking....still laughing and this will stick in my mind all day down and I'll be walking around with this stupid grin on my face all day thanks allot....no really a smile that's genuine.....and a great facial exercise. YOU ROCK!!! *quit shaking your head like that....I'm serious

snappy scrappy said...

Adorable treat holders!!! Love them!!

quilt4fun2 said...

These door hanger treats are adorable! Super job!
quilt 4 fun 2 at hot mail dot com

mickeydee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mickeydee said...

Very cute idea. Your kids will love finding this on their doors

sweetpeaemmalou said...

What a wonderful idea! Turned out so cute!

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

CUTE project girlie. Love the recycled tube!! Hugs, T

Cindy Beland said...

GREAT project idea Candace, BEAUTIFUL job my friend!!! :)

Crafting Katie said...

These are just too cute, Candace! Your kids will LOVE them!!!

liz at liz's paper loft said...

soooo fun Candace!

Kim H said...

Candace ~ I am cracking up at your post! OMG ~ then these CUTE little treat containers!! LOVE them and LOVE how you decorated them! So AWESOME!!